Monday, October 15, 2012

Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters


O. M. G.
Do you realize they’re making the second Percy Jackson movie? Three years after they made the first one?
I have major problems with this. I’ll explain them.
In the early Percy Jackson books, the characters were twelve years old. I’m not sure the actors were twelve when they were in the first movie. Now they’re three years older than they were.
Hold on a sec.
Logan Lerman (Percy)- 20
Brandon T. Jackson (Grover)- 28
Alexandra Daddario (Annabeth)- 26
Jake Abel (Luke)- 24
Those are the four main-ish characters. Look at there ages. Logan is ALMOST acceptable. But I wouldn’t even like him playing as twelve/thirteen-ish-old.
Grover is just INSANE. IN-FREAKING-SANE. So insane, that it’s driving me sane.
It’s awful!
Now, in all honesty, it’s been a while since I’ve read the Percy Jackson books.
But really!
Another problem: WHY IN THE HECK DID YOU WAIT THREE YEARS?
That’s not so much a problem as a question, but hey, I want to know. Plus, it’s seriously annoying. Now, if I want to remember what happened in the first movie, I’ll half to buy it.
Another Problem: At this point, they really should just skip over the rest of the Percy Jackson books and go straight to the Heroes of Olympus. I want to see Jason! And Leo :).
I am just majorly annoyed with this whole setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment