Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reasons Why I’m Really Starting to Hate Barnes&Noble.com


  1. When you want to buy books from the marketplace, it doesn’t really communicate what condition the books are in.
If anyone watched the book haul I did yesterday, then you will know that I got Angel by James Patterson from Barnes&Noble.com. I actually got it from B&N.com marketplace. For, like, 20 cents (although it ended up being something like four dollars with shipping and handling)
Until I got it, however, I DID NOT KNOW that that particular copy of Angel was covered in gross library stickers. (Before I did the book haul, I took off the library stickers and the library covering, because I find those library coverings disgusting. Especially if it is a book that will live on my SHELF.)
  1. LIMITED SELECTION OF BOOKS.
If you watched the book haul I did yesterday, then you might have noticed, about halfway through, when I said I got Exile and Muse (by Rebecca Lim) because they weren’t on B&N.com.
In all fairness, you can’t buy them from amazon.com either, but you can get them from the amazon.com marketplace. You can’t on B&N.com. When you type in Exile by Rebecca Lim into the B&N search bar, it comes up with NOTHING. This kind of pissed me off.
  1. Most things are cheaper on amazon.com
I feel this one is kind of self-explanatory.

So, those are the reasons why I’m starting to like Barnes&Noble.com less and amazon.com more.
Since I mentioned that Barnes&Noble was starting to annoy me in my book haul, I just felt compelled to explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment