Monday, January 21, 2013

READING SLUMP?!? ME?!?

So, I’m not sure how well y’all know me, but if you know me at all, you know I usually read a book in a day. So, when, just a short while ago, it took me FOUR DAYS to read Finale, the final book in the Hush, Hush series, I was understandably confused. And then, after finishing Finale, I started Beautiful Creatures. That one took me SIX DAYS. Since school started on the same da I started reading it, I could have easily blamed my slow reading on school. But that didn’t explain why it took me so long to read Finale. Eventually, I was left with only one explanation: I must be in a reading slump.
Having never been in a reading slump, it was terrifying and traumatizing. But, because I have an honor code, I stalwartly soldiered through Beautiful Creatures. I finished early in the morning, and I’m fairly certain that the last fifty of so pages cured me of my reading slump. But, maybe it was just because I finished it.
Anyways, I’m delighted to say that I am most definitely out of my reading slump now, as I just finished TEAM HUMAN in six hours. It was a deliciously funny yet serious read. I loved it.
Anyways, I just wanted to share with you about the experience of my first reading slump.
Here’s hoping it’s the last!

2 comments:

  1. I have to have a certain connection with the story/characters/writing style to propel me through a quick read, and still no where near your clock of 6 hours. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the entire Summoning Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong in one day over Christmas break. I started at 10 in the morning and finished at 12:37 am. Reading fast like that is no biggie for me. reading slow, though? That was, like, the shock of the century.

    ReplyDelete