Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s theme is Top Ten bookish memories.

1.      I remember going to Barnes and Noble the store with my dad and my older brother to wait for the midnight release of the fifth Harry Potter. My dad bought me one book of my choice while were there, and I chose Mistress of Dragons by Margaret Weis. And I was asleep when the fifth Harry Potter came out.
2.      Once, I went to visit extended family in Iowa, and my cousin Ann was reading Hush, Hush, and so I was I. I think when we saw each other and saw we were both reading the same book we were both surprised and later during that visit we were on the Sims 2 making a family and Ann couldn’t think of a last name and I asked if she’d let me type one in and she asked “What is it?” and I said “You’ll see” and I typed in Cipriano.
3.      In sophomore year, my friend told me to read the Hunger Games, so I picked it up and couldn’t get past the first chapter. In junior year, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were required reading for one of my classes and I finished the entire trilogy in the weekend preceding the Monday in which the class was assigned to read the first three chapters.
4.      The first time somebody friended me on goodreads. It was July 5th, 2012, and I was like “What? Why would someone want to friend me?” (I’m now up to 50 friends)
5.      On July 20th, 2011, my friend published a book. I bought it around November, I think. It’s called Hidden in Glass, I anyone wants to check it out: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12984192-hidden-in-glass
6.      There wasn’t really one specific moment, but sometime in middle school while I was reading something by Tamora Pierce, it struck me: I want to be a writer when I grow up.
7.      The first time an author sent me a free book (even if it was an ebook). Not that long ago, actually. It was on January 29th, 2013. The book was Terra by Gretchen Powell and I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but it was still exciting.
8.      I’m not sure if this counts as a “bookish” memory, but my first experience with fanfiction—which was just this past weekend. And, no, it actually is not a pleasant memory. I may, in fact, be scarred for life.
9.      …dang! I can’t think of any more.

3 comments:

  1. Number 8 is really funny. I love your Hunger Games memory! I finally got around to finishing it my senior year.

    Also, I am going to friend you on Goodreads. If I can find you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making new friends on goodreads! If you can't find me on your own, here's a link to my profile: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7540236-monica-spikey

      Delete
  2. Fanfiction ALWAYS scares me to death. But I love it so much. Hahaha. :)

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete