Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Favorite characters in the YA genre.

Now, keep in mind, when it comes to things like this (i.e. Fave characters, Fave couples, and, god forbid, fave books) my answers are entirely dependent on what I AM CURRENTLY READING. Meaning that next week, when I'm reading something else, THEY'LL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE DIFFERENT.

Now, I will try my very hardest to make them characters I think would crack the top ten list at any point in my life, but... well, I've disclaimered you already, so lets get on with it.


Aly from the Tortallan books by Tamora Pierce: Yes, I did read Trisckster’s Choice and Trickster’s Queen three days ago. Is that influencing my choice right now? Most definitely. But I think Aly would crack the Top Ten no matter what, and the only think the recently read thing is doing for her is putting her at the top. But come one. They had the words international espionage in that book. How can that ever be NOT cool?

Aphrodite from House of Night: Hold up, I know what you’re thinking: What????? A character from HoN is on Monica’s top ten fave characters list??????? And she’s number 2?????????????????? Well, just for clarification, I have not read Hon since sometime last year, or maybe even the year before that so Aphrodite is here because I actually LIKE her as a character. To be honest, she’s my favorite character in that series. She has depth and real character growth and change.

George from the Tortallan books by Tamora Pierce: Yes, I did read all the Tortallan books recently. No, I don’t think George would be here if I hadn’t.

Mason from the Vampire Academy: He’s Mason. ’Nuff said.

Simon from The Mortal Instruments. Dude. He’s that Friend who is cute in a nerdy kind a way who gets turned into a vampire and then you wished you’d kissed him when you had the chance, cuz now he’s being swarmed by girls.

Foxface from the Hunger/the redheaded Avox Girl: I really liked both these characters from the hunger games, despite the fact that they were both very minor. It probably has something to do with them both having red hair. I REALLY like red hair.

Maximum Ride from… Okay, you KNOW where Max Ride is from. If you don’t then I just do not know what to do with you.

Akiva from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone: I am a total fangirl when it comes to Akiva. Don’t get in my way.

Adrian Ivashkov: I don’t think I could b\still be considered an Adrian Ivashkov fangirl if he didn’t make this list, and I’m in a group on goodreads that’s dedicated to being Adrian Ivashkov fangirls, so.

Rosalie from Twilight: Yes, a character from Twilight made this list too!!!!! What is going on with me? Well, I didn’t like Rosalie until Eclipse, when we got her backstory, which explained a lot about her. Like Aphrodite, she’s got some depth, and I appreciate that in a supporting character.

5 comments:

  1. I love that a lot of your characters are not the main characters. Mason, Foxface, Rosalie, and Aphrodite = Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always appreciate the supporting characters more than the main characters. I know it doesn't seem like it, but the supporting characters do a lot more work.

      Delete
  2. I love your genre choice, and that's a great list of characters. From Twilight I would pick Alice as my favorite. And Katniss is my favorite character from the Hunger Games. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your choices! I loved Aphrodite too! I definitely agree with you. She's definitely one of the most developed characters in the series. Great picks!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome list :D

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Pls also consider listing your blog on YA Blogosphere it's a directory listing for all YA-related blogs. Pls email me on yablogosphere@gmail.com if your interested.

    Have a lovely week :D

    ReplyDelete