Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #9



((I know it’s Wednesday. I was busy working on an essay yesterday))
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Books I Had To Buy… But Are Still Sitting on my Shelf Unread.

Now, as a general rule, when I buy a book I’ll read it. There are, like, three books that have been sitting on my shelf unread for years, but my mom bought those ones for me. There are also three that I bought for myself that have been sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I’ll list those one first.

Radiance and Shimmer by Alyson Noel: These are the first two books in the Riley Bloom series, which is a spinoff of the Evermore Series. If you haven’t read Evermore, I can sum it up in two words: It sucks balls. Oops, that was three words. Anyway, Riley was the only character in the series I found somewhat tolerable, so I bought these two, and I think I starting Radiance, but Noel’s writing style was just. so. BORING.

Switched by Amanda Hocking: I bought this because it was like, 6 dollars at the grocery store and Amanda Hocking has been on my reading radar for a while now. I started it… but then something more exciting came along.

Now, I have bought several books in the last five or so months (coinciding with the launch of my blog) that I haven’t read yet, but not because I started and didn’t continue, I just haven’t had a chance to read them yet, but I’ll list some of those anyway:

Beautiful Redemption: Book four in the Caster Chronicles! I bought it after Christmas, and I was going to read books 2, 3, and 4 after I went to se the movie, but I actually didn’t go see the movie! I couldn’t find anyone willing to go with me, and I’m not allowed to go to the movies alone. :p I’ll have to wait for the DVD!

Exile, Muse and Fury by Rebecca Lim: Books 2,3, and 4 in the Mercy series by Rebecca Lim. I bought 2 and 3 late in 2012, and I was going to read them, but then I found out there was a fourth book, Fury, and I had to buy it before I could read them (I hate waiting). So I bought Fury back in February, but then I found out there will be yet more books in the series. I probably won’t wait for them, though.

A Touch Mortal and A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford: I wanted to read these books and they weren’t available at my local library, so I bought them in January with some of my Christmas giftcards.











That’s only nine books, but the other unread books on my shelf are just ones I haven’t had a chance to read yet!
If you really want to know, though:
In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane
Touch of Death by Kelly Hashaway
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Fearless 2 by Francine Pascal
Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
The ones that my mom got me years ago:
Dark Secrets Volume 1 and 2 by Elizabeth Chandler: These two are actually omnibuses, each of which includes 2 books, so technically, this is four books.
Remember Me by Christopher Pike

And stay tuned for this month’s book haul, in which I will get more books I haven’t read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment