Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TTT #12



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Books I read Before I was Blogger.
Now, I haven’t been a blogger for an incredible amount of time. Since October last year. That’s, what? Six months, seven if you count this one? And I’ve been reading for how long? Since, I don’t know, the second grade probably? (too put that in perspective: I’m a freshman in college)
So, yeah. There’s quite a few books on that list. And I really can’t be expected to remember them all, least of all the ones I liked best out of all those years. Who am I kidding? I liked them all, for the most part, equally.
But I’m going to try with this.

  1. The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I can understand people hating on Twilight. It does not rank very high on my list either. Higher than the Hunger Games, but I have personal reasons for that. I CAN UNDERSTAND NOT LIKING TWILIGHT. But when I tell people they should read the Host because it’s WAAAY better and I’m met with a response like “Oh, I won’t read anything by Stephanie Meyer. Because of Twilight, you know.” It just makes me implode a liiittle bit. Just a little.
  2. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Okay, here’s a weird story: I did not want to read the Harry Potter series until this one came out. And then, when this one came out, I wanted to read without reading the first four. I know, I don’t understand what my logic was either. But my dad told me I had to read the first four books first, so I did. Thanks, Dad.
  3. Trickster’s Queen by Tamora Pierce: Anyone who was around me on goodreads during February and March this year knows I got a little Tamora-Pierce-Obsessed. What you don’t know is I was obsessed with Tamora Pierce far before that point in time. Tamora Pierce was the first Author I remember truly LOVING, in the sixth grade, and set me on a path to become an author myself.
  4. Kirsten: American Girl Storybook Collection by I don’t even know who this is by, why are asking me?: Sadly, I gave away all my American Girl books to make room for new books on my shelf, but I really wish I’d kept this one, because Kirsten was always my favorite.
  5. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull: I remember once upon a time, I took it upon myself to go into the room that my two little brother sleep in and organize their bookshelves (trust me, they needed it) While organizing, I saw this series and marked it in my mind. I read books 1 and 2 and then when I went into their room for book 3 two weeks later, it wasn’t there! They’d lost the entire series! It was a year or two before we found it again and I finally finished the series!
  6. The Dragon’s Son by Margaret Weis: this is book two in the Dragonvarld trilogy, and my favorite, because I just love Ven.
  7. The Dragon Rider and the Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke: Like Tamora Pierce, Cornelia Funke is one of those authors that my base as a reader and a writer is built upon.
  8. The Fire Eternal by Chris D’Lacey: I remember my middle school library was having a book fair, and buying this book there and thinking it was the last in the series and reading it and feeling resolved at the end. And then, at some point in early 2012, I was on goodreads and saw that, omigosh, two more books had been published in the series since with another one, the seventh and last, on the way. I checked out 5 and 6 from my local library, but I still need to read the seventh, but I’ll have to reread the entire series before, so I’m gonna wait till I have a good chunk of time with no new books to read until I do that.
  9. The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill: Ah, the fantasy! The werewolves! Grishmak! My favorite.
  10. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: I actually only read this one a couple years ago, because my best friend from high school told me I had to. I have fond memories of it, though I haven’t read Fire or Bitterblue yet.

So, as you can see, I was REALLY into fantasy when I was younger (most of these I read in middle school). And I wouldn’t say that I’ve grown out of fantasy because I still routinely bounce back to these titles, but I’m much more into Paranormal Romance and Dystopias and Urban Fantasies (which bare no resemblance to these fantasies at all) now.

3 comments:

  1. great list!! :)

    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of The HP series too - and Graceling. Awesome list :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are a lot of good books, especially The Host. It's true that people are disliking books by stephenie Meyer becuz of twilight, and they won't even give The Host a chance! This saddens me tremendously because they don't know what they're missing.

    Kelsey @ http://fictionplaylist.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete