Tuesday, April 16, 2013

TTT #13



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Rewind. So, you can go back and redo a topic if you feel like it or pick up on one you missed.
Now, SOMEHOW, I missed the Top Ten Books on Spring TBR list, and even though we are now well into spring, I figure I can still do it, right? I mean, I haven’t read ALL the books I want to read.

  1. The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver. For those of who don’t know, I’m a BIG rereader. As in, whenever a new installment comes out and I have it in my possession, I REREAD THE ENTIRE SERIES. That is what shall be going on here as I reread Delirium and Pandemonium before reading Requiem for the first time.
  2. The Mortal Instruments Series (Or maybe not the whole series, just City of Bones): Another reread for me, but no new installments. I want to reread this series so it will be in my mind for the movie, but, as we all know, the movie isn’t coming out til august. See, the thing is, if I read a book like a week or even a month before watching the movie, I’m always really bitter. I don’t like being Bitter. And I haven’t read City of Bones for at least two years (whenever book four came out was when I last read it). Now, I know what you’re thinking: If I reread for EVERY new installment, why didn’t I reread this last year when City of Lost Souls came out? Well, since I remembered the end of City of Fallen Angels pretty well, I didn’t need to. In fact, I remember that I started reading City of Lost Souls before my mom even got it for me. Sat down in the middle of the grocery store, opened it up and started reading, because I could, because I didn’t need the reread.
  3. The Mercy Series by Rebecca Lim: The first book in this series will be reread for me. I first read the first book checked out from the library, and loved it. So I got Mercy, Muse and Exile, which I thought at the time was the complete series. Then, I’m on goodreads and what do I come across? A fourth book in the series. So of course I have to get it, because if I can read the whole series in one straight shot, that’s amazing. So I got it. Then Rebecca Lim put up a blog post saying she was working on book 5 of the series. See my dilemma? I commented, and she told me it might be awhile, so I should just go ahead and read what I have anyways and I will, because the first time I read a book I read it really fast and miss a lot of stuff, and I always say ‘That’s what the reread is for. Catching everything. The first read is just to know how it ends.’
      Yep, I actually say that.
(I actually have a lot of series up here so far. Let’s count Delirium as 3, City of Bones as 1 (cuz I might not read the whole series, still undecided on that) and the Mercy series as four. So I have 8 books on this list already, even if only looks like three)
      So, here we go, last item on the list:
  1. A Touch Mortal and a Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford: I bought these back in late 2012 or early 2013 (What? You expect me to remember?) so they’ve been sitting on my shelf for a while and I have a challenge on goodreads that I’m supposed to read these for, so let’s just go with it, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment