Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TTT #14




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten books I thought I’d like MORE/LESS than I did.
So let’s start with the obvious one:

  1. THOUGHT I’D LIKE MORE: Terrier by Tamora Pierce. I Love Tamora Pierce. I love everything by her. She is my absolute favorite author. When my friend told me about her new trilogy (this was some years ago) of course I bought it. And was shocked when it took me forever to read. That I had to FIGHT my way through it to finish it.
  2. THOUGHT I’D LIKE LESS: Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Neither the cover nor title nor blurb caught my attention enough for this book to make it onto my LIST. But then, one of my groups on goodreads was reading it, so I put it on hold at the library. Full story here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/437375794
  3. THOUGHT I’D LIKE MORE: Reached by Ally Condie: I really liked the first two books in the series and all the epic-ness, but when I read this one, it just wasn’t as… epic as the first two had been. I just… I wish it had been epic-er.
  4. THOUGHT I’D LIKE LESS: Burn for Burn by Jenny Han: I don’t usually get INTO contempories. I mean, I read them and I like them, but I never really get sucked in to the point where “omigod, I need the next one!” (if there is a next one). This one did that to me.
  5. THOUGHT I’D LIKE MORE: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: I really like Maggie Stiefvater. I’ve read her faerie books and liked them and I read, own and love the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. So I just bought this one, but it… it didn’t suck me in.
  6. THOUGHT I’D LIKE LESS: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White: I never read this one because I didn’t like the cover. But then someone on goodreads recommended it to me, so I checked it out from the library, and I loved it! Which just goes to show, you really CAN’T judge a book by it’s cover.
  7.  THOUGHT I’D LIKE MORE: Thirst by Christopher Pike: Vampires, you know? I am one of those people. So I bought this one and read it, and it’s not that the plot annoyed me, or the characters, or anything like that. I thought all that was good. But it was the writing that got on my nerves.
  8. THOUGHT I’D LIKE LESS: Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst: I don’t know what I expected when I picked up this book. But it certainly was not the awesomeness that is WERE-FREAKING-UNICORNS.
  9. THOUGHT I’D LIKE MORE: Changeling by Phillippa Gregory: I really liked the Boleyn books, so when I heard she was writing a paranormal series, of course I was all over it. But… there wasn’t anything paranormal. And… it wasn’t really interesting. I mean, there wasn’t even any court intrigue or anything going on. It was… lame.
  10. THOUGHT I’D LIKE LESS: For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund: I’m not a big fan of Jane Austen. I’ve attempted to read a couple things by her. Never quite have succeeded. I had to get a friend who IS a big Jane Austen fan to explain the plot of Persuasion to me so I could read this one. And this one was AWESOME! So awesome that I got Persuasion on my nook! …and have yet to read it.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed Paranormalcy and Cinder! I had the opposite feelings about The Raven Boys. I had very strong bad feelings about Shiver so I was hesitant to try again. I enjoyed it so much more than I expected. Thanks for sharing! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1uq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, EVERYONE hates the Wolves of Mercy Falls, and I just don't get it! I love Sam and Grace, and recall having some very heated discussions with people about why Romeo and Juliet should die as the greatest love story ever and be replaced by Sam and Grace.
      I did LIKE the Raven Boys, just not as much as I thought I would, given my feelings about her other series.

      Delete