Tuesday, May 21, 2013

TTT #18



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten favorite books covers of books I’ve read.
Muhahaha. I like this topic. I’m doing this one in REVERSE ORDER, to keep you on your toes.

10. Red Riding Hood: I like how its white, which makes the red elements really pop, and the gray, ghost-ish wolf. It makes it look really cool.




9. Darkness Before Dawn: This one just really Pretty.





8. The Selection: to me, the colors of this one make it look sterile, and I like the sterile look.





7. Burn for Burn: Love the book, and I like how we see all three of out MC’s on the cover, and they’re all connected, and they’re behind the words. Also, if you look close, Mary’s wearing the necklace that Reeve gave her in a flashback in the book.





6. Misfit: I like the simplicity. It’s all, you know, this book needs nothing more than the title, especially cuz the title looks REALLY cool.





5. Grave Mercy: I love her dress, I love the crossbow, I love her hair, And I love how she looks strong yet vulnerable at the same time.





4. Across the Universe: Preeeeetty stars. No, really, the colors are amazing, and the silhouettes, and the fact that they’re ALMOST but not quite kissing, and then we have that star that looks kind of like the sun shining right their in between their lips. Ah. Gorgeous.





3. For Darkness Shows the Stars: this one is remarkably similar to Across the Universe, yes? Well, again, I love the stars and how the one in the middle is brighter then the rest. I also love the window she creates with her arm and the dress and her back. Also, I like the title. Look at the title. Not just the font, but that too. Look at the WORDS. Aren’t the words GORGEOUS???



Man, I’m down to the last two. It’s really hard to choose which book gets the top slot.

2. Everneath: This cover it just catches and I find myself staring at and oh, I just—I just love it. Red is my favorite color to wear, she obviously I envy her dress, and I love the effect of how dissolves into smoke. It just—it’s amazing. third time in a row I’m using this word: GORGEOUS.





And number 1 is….
The Host: I love this cover for it’s, one, simplicity, and two, relevance to the story.


6 comments:

  1. Everneath has such a pretty cover! P.S. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that Red Riding Hood book, the cover is just all kinds of awesome! I love the grey and white, they work so well with the red elements. And I agree that the simplicity of the Misfit cover is well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the For Darkness Shows the Stars cover and the book is so EPIC!!! I can't wait for the second one!! Have you seen that cover? It's so pretty!! Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of Red Riding Hood is lovely! I didn't really want to read it as I didn't like the film but now I'm tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie, But I thought the book was pretty good. But if you read, you're gonna want to make sure you have internet access when you finish it, because the last chapter can only be accessed online.

      Delete