Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer of the Contemporaries



I’m putting this out there. Making it extra-official.
I have set a reading goal for myself this summer. The goal is to read AT LEAST 20 contemporary novels. Because, in the seven years of middle school AND high school put together, I read about 10 contemporary novels. TOPS. And that’s me estimating high.
(If I add my freshman year of college to that number, it grows to about 13)
So, in making this personal challenge extra-official, I’m posting the list of the books I’ve already read, and the ones I PLAN to read for this challenge.
                  
THAT WHICH I HAVE ALREADY READ:
1. Catherine by April Linder
2. Trinkets by Kirsten Smith
3. It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han (I am NOT reading book 1 or 3 in this series)
4. 52 Reasons to Hate my Father by Jessica Brody
5. Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman
6. Cut by Patricia McCormick
7. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
8. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
9. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
AND THAT WHICH I PLAN TO READ (and may not happen in the order listed):
            10. 34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues
            11. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
            12. Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale
            13. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
            14. Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty by Jody Gehrman
            15. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
            16. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
17. DUFF by Kody Keplinger

As you can see, I don’t even have 20 books planned out, so I’m also asking for recommendations! Any contemporary books you feel I should read?

I’m also asking which Sarah Dessen book would you recommend I read?

Please, comment below! (No, really. COMMENT, WOULD YOU?)

No comments:

Post a Comment