Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TTT #20



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten books at the top of my summer 2013 TBR list.

Well, looking at the TBR pile that sits my bed (Which consists mostly of Library Books, some owned books, in the order in which I plan to read them. When I finish the book I’m currently reading, I pull the top book off of the pile. When I get more books from the library, they go to the bottom of the pile. It works quite well for me).
Anyways, looking this pile, there are nine books on it right now. So I guess I’ll just tell you them.

  1. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain: (Library book) This is a werewolf book. I don’t know much else about it. The cover looks boring, though. Hopefully I’ll read the whole thing through.
  2. Banished By Sophie Littlefield: (Library Book) I actually have no idea what this book is about. I’ve checked it out from the library a couple time before, but had to return it before I could read it. But this time around, I read the back, and opened up and looked at the first page, and I can’t wait to read it. It just seems so interesting.
  3. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab: (Library Book) Looks like it’s a bout a witch. Like Banished, I’ve checked this out from the library before, but unlike Banished, I started it and then abandoned it. But most booktubers seem to like Victoria Schwab, So I’m giving it another chance. (But I only read one or two pages, which isn’t much of a first chance)
  4. Ripple by Mandy Hubbard: (Library Book) This is a mermaid book. I read my first mermaid book back in May, and it was good. I hope this one is good, too.
  5. 34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues: (Library Book) This is a contemporary. I think I said somewhere on my blog that I’m making this my ‘Summer of the Contemporaries’. I don’t read a lot of Contemporary books, so my goal is to read more contemporary books this summer than in the rest of my life combined. THE summer (for me) started in May. So right now I’m at 9. I’m hoping to get to twenty, which will be well over the number of all the prior contemporaries I’ve read.
  6. Crewel by Gennifer Albin: (Library Book) Preeeeetty cover. (As my brother’s been telling me, I am so shallow)
  7. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: (Owned book) I have never read this book before! I’ve never owned it before, either, for that matter. Anyways, this’ll go towards my personal contemporary challenge, and it seems like a summer book. Also, I’ve seen the movie a couple times, so I should read the book.
  8. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris: (Library Book) I have no idea what this book is about. And it’s really thick. I don’t wanna read it! *I say in a whiny voice* It’s scary! No, no, I’ll give it a chance, promise. The books I’m scared to read usually tend to become my favorites. Examples: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Angel Burn, etc.
  9. The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress: (Library Book) This will be my first steampunk novel! Here’s hoping for new time-consuming obsession!

I don’t have any more books on the pile right now, but I do have a book on hold at the library that I want to read this summer that I want to talk about: The Fifth Wave. I’m currently 49th on the queue to get this from the library. But everybody on the internet (Booktube and goodreads) seems to really like this, so I can’t wait to read it!


4 comments:

  1. I read The Dark Divine books, and liked the second a lot better than the first. :) I've been meaning to get to The Sisterhood books forever. Maybe this will be the summer for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sort of known about the Dark Divine books for a while, but I've never read them, so I'm finally getting around to it.
      I hope the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is good and lives up to the movie!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed by how organized your reading system is. I wish I could stick to a system like that, but I usually find myself grabbing books based on whatever mood I happen to be in at that particular moment.

    I'm also looking forward to THE 5TH WAVE and CREWEL. I hope to get to them both soon.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that too. I also used to not the library, though, so maybe that was why my system changed.

      Thanks for visiting my TTT!

      Delete