Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors Who Deserve More Recognition



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.

In no REAL order, but in a kind of Order, here goes:


1. Bella Forrest: OMG. A Shade of Freaking Vampire, man. I'll be honest, I've only read the one book by her, but it was SO AMAZING. I am planning on buying a physical copy of aSoV even though I have a nook copy, and the other books in the series.
2. Rebecca Lim: So I wrote a review on her series, and on microsoft word, the review is FIVE PAGES LONG. 'nuff said, but I'll link to the review anyway: http://awesomemonica.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-mercy-series-by-rebecca-limreview.html
3. Kelly Keaton: I am finding myself really loving her Gods and Monsters series. It definitely has langauge not fit for younger readers. but it's REALLY good.

4. Cate Tiernan: I own the Balefire bind up, the entire Sweep series in bind-up, AND the Immortal Beloved Series. And I really can't wait until the author writes something else under this pseudonym.
5. Andrew Fukuda: Human among Vampires hunting Humans. How does that not sound cool? Th second book in the trilogy is really good, too.

6. Heather Brewer: Vlad Tod. Come on. If you haven't read Vlad Tod, then go do so. Now. And I refuse to speak to you until you do.
7. Diana Peterfreund: Killer Unicorns. KILL-ER UN-I-CORNS. Like, seriously. And For Darkness is even better.
8. Caragh M. O’Brien: A very good friend of mine introduced me to her Birthmarked series back in 2011, and it was VERY GOOD. I own the first two books, and I"m waiting for the third one to come out in paperback.
9. Kiersten White: I've heard a lot of people ragging on her because her Paranomalcy series was 'immature', but I personally loved Paranormalcy, and if it was immature, than that fit the character's voice and the story, so it was good either way, if you ask me.
10. Lisa Mantchev: the Theatre Illuminata series is so good, so original, so fun. The characters are all amazing, I like how it was sort of fantasy-historical-romance with Shakepearan stuff all over the place, and it was really, really good. Whatever she writes next, I will definitely pick up.

4 comments:

  1. I've read about half of these authors and thoroughly enjoyed their books. I will have to check out some of the ones I have not read yet.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed A Shade of Vampire more than I expected to as well. Nice list, I'm not familiar with most of them though.

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard really good things about Rebecca Lim's books though I haven't read any! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only read Cate Tiernan before and some I don't even recognize. I guess I have some new authors to check out now! :) Following you on GFC and Bloglovin.

    My TTT:

    I've only read Marie Hall and I have Hook's Pan waiting from Netgalley right now! SQUEAL! :) I'll have to check out the other books on here, as most I've never even heard of. Following you now on GFC.

    My TTT:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete