Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Most intimidating books:
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I know what you’re thinking: “Omigod, there’s a person on this earth who HASN’T read this book?” Yes, and that person is me. I don’t really enjoy books about cancer, I don’t care how many people rave about the feels.
- Anna and the French Kiss: You’re thinking the same thing you thought with the Fault in Our Stars (I can tell). Unlike that one, though, I do INTEND to read this one someday.
- The Hobbit: I intend to read this one too. Someday. When I’m old and bored and boring.
- The Lord of the Rings: Have you seen the size of the font on those books? Sheesh.
- The Secret Circle: So, context is needed here: Way back in 2011, I started watching the Vampire Diaries, and was pretty much hooked. And after watching the first season, missing the second season and watching a couple episodes of season three, I checked the books out from the library. And I read them. And I didn’t like them. Now, in the 2011-2012 season of TVD, The Secret Circle also aired. I LOVED the Secret Circle, and want to more of that story! But because of the experience I had with the TVD books, I’m a little not sure if the book will… even contain the same story, or even a story that will be enjoyable.