Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TTT: Top Ten words/topics that turn me OFF




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten words/topics that Turn me Off.
(officially, the topis is top ten words/topics that will make me instantly NOT pick up a big, but there's not much of that in my world, so I decided to go with turn-offs instead.)
 


1. If there is a quote from Alyson Noel on the cover, I become hesitant, as I do not like Alyson Noel as an author and generally do not place much trust in her at all.

2. Adult crime novel things: Like, you know, Kathy Reichs books. I’m not sure why, as I love the TV show Bones, but something about thinking about reading the book series of one of my favorite TV shows makes me hesitant. (I blame the Vampire Diaries for this fear)

3. Speaking of the Vampire Diaries, I’m also hesitant when it come books by L.J. Smith. I know I used to enjoy them. I read Night World volume 1 in sophomore year and I’m pretty sure I enjoyed it. Moreover, I own the Dark Visions bind-up and I read once in Middle School and once in High School and once more recently. I’m almost CERTAIN I remember enjoying it the first two times, but the most recent time I’ve read it… not so sure. Also, the TVD books were a BIG disappointment for me. I haven’t even looked at the Secret Circle books because I LIKED the TV show, and though I kind of want to know what happens, L.J. Smith just makes me hesitant.

4. Biography/non-fiction: Is this not self-explanatory? BOOOR-ing.

5. This book is the next Twilight/Hunger Games/Harry Potter/etc. Say your book is the next book that has your title. As in, Legend is the next legend, Blood Coven Vampires is the next vampire book full of hilarity and romance, etc. Advertise you OWN book. Don’t play it up after the other popular books. (I mean, I’ll probably read it anyway… but have some pride, would you?)

6. Indie books: I know, I’m sort of awful! But there are so many things that can go wrong with indie books! Usually, I won’t pick one up unless I can get it for under four dollars on amazon.com. If I can get for free on my nook, that is best. If I end up liking it, I will probably endeavor to procure a physical copy (i.e. A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest, I got a nook copy for free, now I want a physical copy.)

7. Books about Cancer: I think I’ve read ONE book about cancer in the entirety of my life. I don’t remember what it was called, and it wasn’t bad. But the only book about cancer that the world seems to know about nowadays is the Fault in Our Stars by John Green, which I haven’t read. I do INTEND to read it, though, but, like, in ten or so years when all the hype has died down and people aren’t telling my=e about the FEELS IN MY FACE and OMG, youmustyoumustyoumust! The hype is way to nig right now, and as I didn’t when it first came out, I’m almost certain that is now seriously over-hyped. And I DO want to enjoy it.

and… my brain is tired of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment