Saturday, November 9, 2013

Inspiration (NaNo day 9)



So. In the past two days, things have happened. Things have happened that have made me upset.
They weren’t like really big upsetting things, but my brain is weird, and I got upset.
On the bright side, Me Being Upset=Me Being Inspired
Unfortunately, Me Is Being Inspired For Things Other Than My NaNoWriMo Navel.
Me Is Being Inspired to Write Depressing Songs and Scenes in My Depressing Contemporary Project.
So what do I do?                      
Well, last night, Me Wrote a Depressing Song, and the day before, Me Voice Recorded Meself Brainstorming a Scene for My Depressing Contemporary Project.
(My Depressing Contemporary Project is currently titled ‘Hugs’. I feel like I might be referencing more during this blog post, or at the very least, this month.)

Don’t ask me why I was using Me in the place of I.
Anyways, one of the NaNoWriMo pep talks this week came from Patrick Rothfuss, author of The Name of the Wind. He said to break NaNoWriMo rules and follow your inspiration. This is what I did.
(Not to say I wouldn’t have done it if not for Patrick Rothfuss’s pep talk. If I’m inspired to write a song, I’ll write the damn song. I haven’t written songs regularly since high school, when I churned out somewhere around 300 lyrics in four years. Unfortunately, everything I wrote in high school is crap, and I can’t use any of it.)

There was a point to this. What was it? Ah, yes. writing is writing, and even if I can’t count that Depressing Song to my NaNoWriMo word goal, I wrote it, and I’m proud of it. It’s a good song. Not one of my best, but the first one I’ve written in a couple of months, so I’m happy.
If you have to write something non NaNoWriMo related during NaNoWriMo, write it. If you think actually writing it would totally pull you away from your NaNoWriMo novel (this is what I thought  would happen if I opened Hugs) than pull out of phone, turn on the voice recording function, and TALK about it. If you can understand yourself, it’ll be really helpful when you do decide to open up your Hugs come December.

Wisdom from my mind.

Also, I am proud to say that, at the time I post this, I have pulled ahead again in NaNoWriMo. Not a full day ahead, but nearly a full day. And I'll probably write more words after posting this.

Today's Goal: 15000 words. Tomorrow's Goal: 16666
I am currently at 16303 words.

Monica, out.



Follow my blog (I prefer bloglovin follows)! Follow me on Tumblr! Friend me on Goodreads! Buddy me on the NaNoWriMo site! Comment, comment, comment! I enjoy discussions!

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment