Saturday, November 2, 2013

This Week on the CW #2 + NaNoWriMo day two update!



This blog post CONTAINS SPOILERS for the Originals episode 105, Reign episode 103, and the Vampire Diaries episode 505.

The Originals aka It’s the Witches Fault
It is ALL the witches fault. Everything.
Remember last week when I was talking about people saner than I would wait for evidence about something? Well, people saner than I are people smarter than I. Because I was wrong to assume and jump to conclusions, BECAUSE IT WAS THE WITCHES FAULT.
Davina being too powerful to defeat? The witches fault.
The war between the witches and the vamps? The witches fault.
Oh, and, uh, Cami’s brother Sean going psycho crazy murder-suicide spree? THE WITCHES FAULT.
We got lots of backstory for the immediate situation and characters in this ep. By that, I mean we didn’t have any flashbacks from the Originals from a couple centuries ago. Most of the flashbacks were 8 months ago, in fact.
Speaking of those flashbacks, Sophie and Marcel were a thing? Ever?
And now that it’s occurred me, I WANT IT. Why aren’t they a thing now?
((That was a rhetorical question. I KNOW why they’re not a thing now.))
Anyways, the plot just thickened. Like, a whole lot. Can’t wait for next week!


Reign aka Can She Do That?
I’m not to well-versed on 16th century European politics, but I’m pretty sure she can’t do that. I watched again this afternoon with my brother, who is like google, and I asked him if she could do that.
The verdict? No.
Well, she can. But the church won’t accept and it won’t be legal, so. There ya go.
She can't do that.


The Vampires Diaries aka the Diary Thing is Back!
Yes, that’s right! After it's disappearance around episode 10 of the series, the diary thing is back!
Tyler is FINALLY gone for good. (I really don’t like Tyler just randomly showing up once every 20 episodes). Although I’m interested to see if he’ll head over to the Originals now.
I’m still REALLY liking mind-wiped Stefan. So much wittier and funnier and interesting than normal Stefan. PLEASE STAY THIS WAY!
Good plan, Damon.
A mystery named Aaron was introduced.
And also, what is your plan, creepy professor?
Okay, and the Nadia thing? I have to say, of all the things I thought might happen, that was not one of them. I was so happy when she mentioned Pearl and Anna, because I really miss them and was hoping that maybe they show up again? But no. That was just a lead-in to a mom story. which was a lead-in to another mom-story. And I do like the way that turned out.
Speaking of Katherine, in the last five minutes of the episode, I was chanting: “Katherine can't die. Katherine can’t die. Katherine can’t die.”
(Katherine is one of my favorite characters)
And then I got the pleasure of screaming “YES!!!!!!!” at the top of my lungs.

PART 2- NaNoWriMo update:

It is day two of NaNoWriMo. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of this, but during NaNoWriMo, you’re not supposed to have time for sleep, let alone time to keep up on your favorite TV shows. So what am I doing with This Week on the CW?

Well, you may have noticed that last week I talked about BatB, but not this week. I decided to give up half of my TV shows, but I just couldn’t let go of TVD, The Originals, or Reign. So I decided to sacrifice BatB, Witches of East End, and Agents of Shield.

**I will probably also watch the Big Bang Theory and The Crazy Ones, because they’re 30-minutes long, and my family watches them too.

So, at this point in time on day two of NaNoWriMo, I’m at 6747 words. I shot ahead by employing the 6,000 word jetpack as described in No Plot, No Problem! by Chris Baty. Except I made it more of a 3,000 word jetpack, but whatever. The 6,000 word jetpack is recommended for use during week three, but its day two. So why did I choose to use it now?
Well. I have two essays do this next week, one on Monday, which I’m half-done with, and the other on Thursday, which I haven’t started at all. Both papers require not only writing but research. I plan on using Sunday to do the majority of the research for both, and finish writing the one due on Monday. Not to say I won’t work on my NaNoWriMo novel at all tomorrow, but I wanted a buffer. And I have one, which is good.

Also, I’ve discovered that when I do a 30-minute writing sprint, I average at about 500 words. Which is less than other people. Reasons… possibly because my Windows ’98 laptop, Philip, which I primarily write on, is very old and very slow and half the key you have to hit three times for the letter to show up once. Possibly because I’ve spent the first four chapters of my novel describing a wedding and subsequent death that I have no idea what I’m talking about. Possibly because I’m just a slow writer.  

Either way, that’s what went down today, and NaNoWriMo day two. I hope you enjoyed this blog and I will speak to you tomorrow.

Monica, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment