Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten New-to-Me authors from 2013.

So, I actually participated in a challenge for one of my goodreads in which I read 60 new-to-me authors, so… I’ll just pick the best ten out of those.

Okay, I actually meant the best thirteen. And I’m gonna try REALLY hard to put the in order of how much I liked them.

  1. Bree Despain- Though I’d heard of the Dark Divine trilogy, I’d never read it. Have you seen the covers? They are SERIOUSLY lame. But the mythology of these books is SOOO cool. I loved it.
  2. Jody Gehrman- I am IN LOVE with this woman’s writing! She is by far my favorite contemporary author now.
  3. Rick Yancey- The Fifth Wave. Do I need to say anything more?
  4. Rainbow Rowell- I hope it no secret that this particular author has exploded across the internet community of readers. I LOVED Eleanor and Park, and though I don’t think Fangirl was quite as good, it was immensely enjoyable.
  5. Maria V. Snyder- Oh. My. Fantasy. The Poison series was so well thought out, with such a unique premise and I LOVED the characters. Now I just need to detach myself from that world so I can get into her other series.
  6. Kelly Keaton- After all those Medusa-myth themed noves I read last year and this one, the fact that Keaton’s story stood out was amazing. It was just so DIFFERENT. And also, Sebastian.
  7. Romily Bernard- Her debut novel was just. So. Good. So action-packed and well-written and well thought out, I was just blown away.
  8. Andrew Fukuda- The Hunt series is so good—I’ve only read the first two books, but I love them.
  9. Susan Ee- Her first book, Angelfall, is just so unique. Her second is sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read.
  10. Jessica Brody- Another good contemporary author I found. Lots of contemporary authors on this list, btw.
  11. Elizabeth Norris- I already have a weak spot for scifi, and I loved her first book, Unraveling. I’ve asked for the second, Unbreakable, for Christmas.
  12. Jennifer L. Armentrout- No, I had not read anything by this woman previous to this year. To date, I own the first four books in the Lux series and I’ve read the first two. I can definitely tell why she’s so popular.
  13. Jenny Han- here is a popular contemporary author. I read two of her bboks this year—Burn for Burn and It’s Not Summer Without You (I did not know that It’s Not Summer Without You was book 2). I loved Burn for Burn, though I had some issues with It’s Not Summer Without You, which is why she is in last place.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I also love Rainbow Rowell. I think I read her in 2012 though which is why she isn't on my list this time around. Also, hooray for JLA and Maria V. Snyder (who I had read another series by, or she would have been on mine too for Poison Study)! :) Really love your list.

    My TTT:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-15-or-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIXTY new to you authors?! ::faints dead away:: Wow, that's amazing! I tend to stick to my comfort zone - read the same authors over and over, so I was so proud of myself that I was able to come up with ten for this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! That's a lot of new to you authors. I had a hard enough time coming up with ten, since I also tend to stick to my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete