Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Most Anticipated Debuts of 2014.
There aren’t numbers because I forgot turn on the numbering feature before I started and I’m too lazy to go put them in by hand. And also, these are only in TENTATIVE order of how much I’m excited for them.
Hope you like!

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. Comes out: April 1st 2014. This. Just. Sounds. AWESOME.  
The Bodies We Wear by Jeyn Roberts.  Comes out: 2014.  Something about drugs and death and revenge and action and science fiction, and lets be serious. I love me some Action, some Science Fiction, Some Revenge, you know, this… it just sound like I’ll enjoy it.

Salvage by Alexandra Duncan. Comes out: April 1st 2014. If there is anyone who follows this blog who is UNAWARE that I love Science Fiction, well… I intend to rectify that. I LOVE SCIENCE FICTION. 

Alienated by Melissa Landers. Comes out: February 4th 2014. Okay, this book sounds remarkably like the CW’s new show, Star-Crossed. I am INCREDIBLY interested in watching Star-Crossed because it looks like Ruby Bridges with Aliens, which I just think is BOUND to be at the very least interesting, if not good as well. And this seems like pretty much the same premise with a different spin, and I think it would be cool to read this while  binge-watch the first several episodes of Star-Crossed (I wait for half the season to be out, than I go watch it on xfinity).

Pointe by Brandy Colbert. Comes out April 10th 2014. Ballerinas plus murder/kidnapping equals AWESOME.

The Young World by Chris Weitz. Comes out: July 29th 2014. I don’t know much about this, but the title is cool, the cover is cool, and I’m pretty sure it’s a post-apocalyptic or dystopia, so I’ll be reading it.

Fates by Lanie Bross. Comes Out: February 11th 2014. I get a Faerie vibe from this book, and the goodreads sidebar says people have shelved it as Science Fiction, so I really don’t know exactly what this book is abut. But I believe I already talked to y’all about Science Fiction, and if it’s Faeries, than I have to tell you: I think that an author has to TRY incredibly HARD to make a faerie story un-awesome.

Tease by Amanda Maciel. Comes out: April 29th 2014. one—PREEETTTTTTY cover. Two—it sounds REALY interesting now that I’m finally reading the synopsis. And three—can you believe a contemporary book is one of my MOST ANTIPATED debuts? Cuz I can’t.

Of Breakable Things By A. Lynden Rolland. Comes out: April 8th 2014. This book, for some reason, sounds to me sorta like Narnia. It sounds like it starts in the real world, and then something happens, and we fall through a wardrobe into a fantasy world.

All that Glows by Ryan Graudin. Comes out February 11th 2014. Again, Faeries. But moreover, Faerie ASSASSINS.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for listing Of Breakable Things! You are an insanely intuitive reader (even reading just a blurb) because you're right on track. No wardrobes, but there is a dilapidated old door ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally welcome! Well, now I'm even more excited to read it, now that I know I'm sorta right! :)

      Delete
  2. I am really excited for Dorothy Must Die too!

    ReplyDelete