Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Wrap-up



Look at me, keeping track!
I read 16 books month, which is pretty good considering my goal of 175 books requires I read 14 books a month.
ALL the books I read this month go towards my Jumble Your Genres challenge. Exxcept the ones that I didn’t really review. I mean, I’m pretty sure I wrote at least a sentence of two for each book I read, but I don’t count that as a REAL review.
So, I’m just going to list all the books I read, with a short sentence about how I felt about it, and inks to Goodreads review if I have a real one.


 

1. Sever by Lauren DeSefano: Dissapoointing. I reread the first two book I late december 2013 (and I started this one n December) with the sole goal of finally reading this one for the first time. the whole series was actually disappointing for me. SPOILERY SERIES REVIEW:
2. All Our Yesterdays by Christin Terrill: I LOVED this book! The characters were amazing, the plot was so twisty and turny and Time tRavel always makes shit fun. Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/639802538?book_show_action=false
3. The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney: most of this book was okay. The first half was slow and frustrating, but then, at the end, there was PLOT TWIST that just mad EVERYTHING that had happened in the book THAT much better. I gave this book four stars, because most of it was three-star material, but then the ending just blew my mind so I split three and five down the middle and came up with four. Goodreads Review:  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/706783896?book_show_action=false
4. Desert Tales by Melissa Marr: Wicked Lovely is one of my favorite series ever. So, yeah, I read this book, just because. Now, I’m not gonna say it as GOOD as Wicked Lovely, or that it was necessary to the story. It was short and cheesy, but I enjoyed it, because I am a fan of Wicked Lovely. NO REAL REVIEW
5. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I’ve heard about this author, and this book, for ages. I finally read it and oh, my feels! This really was a good story, and I fell in love with the characters. Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/675303470?book_show_action=false
6. Fly on the Wall by E. Lockheart: I checked this book out because of ArielBissett on youtube. It was a short book, and it took me longer to read than it should’ve. I liked it, I thought it was a fun idea, but I didn’t love it. NO REAL REVIEW
7. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: The last thing I read by Jennifer Lynn Barnes was the Raised by Wolves trilogy in 2012. I loved it, but I was so damaged by the end of that series that it took me until NOW to pick up another book by her. And she did it again. The exact same thing. Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/447106814?book_show_action=false
8. Infinite by Jodi Meadows: I won this book of goodreads, so I read it and reviewed it before it was released. If I hadn’t read and reviewed this book before it came out, I probably would have read at least two more books this month. This book was just really meh. (Keep in mind, though, I didn’t especially LOVE the first two either. I just thought they were funny). Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/761677116?book_show_action=false
9-11. Withering Tights, A Midsummer Tight’s Dream, and the Taming of the Tights by Lousie Rennison: this trilogy has got t be the TWEENIEST thing I’ve ever read. Also, it had British words, so I found these books extremely funny. NO REAL REVIEWS.
12-14. Hourglass, Timepiece, and Infinityglass by Myra McEntire: Remember when I said Time Travel always make shit fun? Not this Time Travel. It didn’t make any sense. No matter what they did, they were going to create a new timeline, and don’t get why they couldn’t just…do that. But one thing I did LOVE about this series, was the chapter transitions. I don’t what it as about them, but the way that we went from one chapter to the next was just so compelling and kept me turning the page. Hourglass: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/629682735?book_show_action=false Timepiece: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/833788995?book_show_action=false NO REAL REVIEW of Infinityglass (yet)
15. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: as per my 2014 reading goals, I want to catch up on at least one series a month. I COULD have counted Sever, but I decided to shoot for Requiem and reread Delirium and Pandemonium. By the way, I LOVED rereading Delirium. Updated Goodreads Review:  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/268174204?book_show_action=false
16. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: Which I finished late last night, January 31st. Again, I loved rereading it, but I don’t have an updated review up yet, and I want to put one up, so NO REAL REVIEW (yet).

I was aiming to read Requiem by Lauren Oliver in January but didn’t quite make it so it’s been rolled into February.
**Hint: Look for a February TBR. I plan on putting one up RIGHT AFTER THIS.


No comments:

Post a Comment