Monday, March 24, 2014

Series and Me (idea from Drugs Called Books) The Old and/or Obvious Ones



WAAAY back in the beginning of February, my friend Nitzan over at http://drugscalledbooks.blogspot.com/ put up a post called Series and Me: Situation Report. I thought it was an excellent idea and decided to put up a similar post of my own. But you have to understand, I read an average of 18 books a month. That’s a) a lotta books. And b) it means I’ve read a lotta series. So instead of bombing you with two HUMONGOUS lists of books on one blog post, I divided my series up into five different lists, which are still pretty hefty, but not HUMONGONORMUS, you know? And I’ve decided to do this in a series of five posts one list per post.
((also, I would like to thank Nitzan for putting together the collages that go along with these posts to make it colorful and not just still-pretty-hefty lists of books) 

The first post in my five-post series of posts about series is going to be The Series Which I have Completed—the Old or Obvious Ones.

 



The Old or Obvious Ones means either really popular series, or series I read during or before early high school.


  1. Harry Potter By J.K. Rowling
  2. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
  3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
  4. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  5. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
  6. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
  7. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
  8. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
  9. Animorphs by K.A. Applegate- This is my favorite series of ALL TIME.
  10. Deltora Quest/Deltora Dragons/Deltora Shadowlands by Emily Rodda—this is actually three separate series, but they all have the same main characters and everything, so I listed them together.
  11. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
  12. Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce
  13. The Immortals by Tamora Pierce
  14. Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce
  15. Trickster’s by Tamora Pierce
  16. Circle of Magic by Tamora Pierce
  17. The Circle Opens by Tamora Pierce.
  18. The Dragonvarld trilogy by Margaret Weis
  19. The Windsinger Trilogy by William Nicholson
  20. Maximus Ride by James Patterson
  21. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  22. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
  23. Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano- I didn’t really like this series very much, check out my review if you don’t believe me. http://awesomemonica.blogspot.com/2014/01/chemical-garden-by-lauren-destefano.html
  24. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  25. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  26. Fallen by Lauren Kate
  27. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  28. Vampire Diaries (ONLY THE ORIGINAL FOUR) by L.J. Smith
  29. Matched by Ally Condie


2 comments:

  1. LOL you DO have a lot of series! An average of 18?? that's a lot! I read an average of 15 I think, but I don't have HALF as many series as you do :O Guess I'm not as dedicated? Might also have to do with the fact I had very few resources when it comes to book before I turned 18.
    I'm in the middle of the second list now (already collected all the photos, now just need to arrange them), had to take a break for finales :P Should finish that one this weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I HATE finals. I just got through doing midterms. EVERY SINGLE WEEK of the month of March, I had either a paper due, a presentation to give, or a test take, any combination thereof, or all three. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. for the past month.

      Yeah, I use the library like a mad person.

      Delete