Wednesday, December 17, 2014

At the End of the Year…



Looking back on this year and all (some) of my experiences.

BLOGGING:
I’m not too happy with my blogging record. I was doing well up until around July. I got a job in July, which has been eating up lots of my time. Though that’s no excuse.

READING:
As of right now, December 16th, I have to read 14 books to complete my goodreads goal. I could do it… but I’m not gonna pressure myself. And I might forgo having a reading goal entirely next year.
On the other hand, I hacked my way through quite a few books series (15) reread some favorite series (2) this year and cleared off some of my physical TBR (??), which is great, and overall, I’m quite happy with my reading this year.

WRITING:
Well… hold up, hold up. No, I don’t think that I’ve actually finished anything this year. But—no wait, I DID finish one manuscript and submit to a contest. I could win lots of money. I won’t know until February 25th, 2014. ((I don’t think I’ll win lots of money))
Yet, I did start some solid stories, I started redrafting a couple things and I’ve narrowed it down to four stories I mainly want to work on in 2015. Hopefully, I will report success on finishing these things next year.
I did participate in April Camp NaNoWriMo and won word-count wise but didn’t finish my story because I took a wrong turn and then wrote several chapters on top of that and didn’t want to go back and change everything… (That is one of the stories I’m planning on working on in 2015), and I technically participated in July camp NaNo and November NaNo, though I won neither. As I said, I got a job, my first job, in July and that threw a wrench in that NaNo, and during the November session I found out about the contest I mentioned and switched stoires, though that did end up being the story that I finished in 2014 (though I started it in 2013, so I’m not sure that’s a win.)
Overall, I’m not too pleased with my writing in 2014, but I have hope for the coming year!

REVIEWING:
I think I was doing a REALLY good job on reviewing, but then in like September I went on this rereading binge with Vampire Academy and then catching up on Bloodlines, and then rereading Percy Jackson and the Olympians and catching up on Heroes of Olympus… I didn’t re-review the ones I’d already read, but what can you do?



All in all, I think I had a pretty solid year doing the things that are important to me… but there’s always room for improvement. 2015, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment