I’m not sure if this is something that happens usually, or if this is really something unique that’s happening. But am I the only one who’s noticed there are a LOT of YA books about Suicide come out this winter?
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven- Jan 6, 2015
- I Was Here by Gayle Forman- Jan 27, 2015
- Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff- Jan 27, 2015
- When Reason Breaks by Cindy L Rodriguez- Feb 10, 2015
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga- Feb 10, 2015
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand- Feb 10, 2015
Six books I listed off the top of my head that concern suicide and were published this winter. What’s with this trend? Are there more that I haven’t listed? And has this been happening all the time and I just haven’t noticed it?
**Keep in mind I haven’t read any of these books yet.**
Anyway, all of these books look really interesting, and I definitely will try to read all of them. I already own Gayle Forman’s I Was Here, and I’m really excited for Cynthia Hand’s The Last Time We Say Goodbye. All the other authors are completely new to me (they may be debut authors, but I’m not sure).
Anyway, what do you think of this trend? Have you read any of these books yet? Are than any other books about suicide coming out this winter that I missed?