Monday, February 1, 2016

The Library Book Haul to End All Book Hauls



I have over thirty books out from the library right now. I’m not reading them all—no way, no how. I knew this as I threw these books into my library bag. But I want to read all of these books, and I’ll be able to check out again and again until I finally do end up reading them, and that is wonderful.

With that in mind, I’ve divided the library books into three piles—Ones I Shall Really Try to Read Before I Return Them, Ones I Really Want to Read Before Returning Them, and Ones I Probably Won’t Read Before Returning Them. Without further ado, here are the stacks:


Stack #1: I’ll Really Will Tyr to Read These Ones
1.       Moon-Hung Midnights: Poems by Lois Beebe Hayna
2.       Don’t Forget to Fly: A Cycle of Modern Poetry edited by Paul B. Janeczko
3.        Geek Girl by Holly Smale
4.       The Wilderness: Deep Inside the Republican Party’s Combative, Contentious, Chaotic Quest to Take Back the White House by McKay Coppins
5.       Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor
6.       More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
7.       No True Echo by Gareth P. Jones
8.       Placebo Junkies by J.C. Carleson
9.       MARTians by Blythe Woolston
10.   Serpentine by Cindy Pon
11.   Blindness by Jose Saramago


Stack #2: Books I Really Want to read, but Probably Won’t Get To
12.   The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman
13.   No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz
14.   Guns, Germs and Steel on Playaway by Jared M. Diamond
15.   H20 by Virginia Bergin
16.   I Crawl Through It by A.S. King
17.   Hungry by H.A. Swain
18.   Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes


Stack #3: Alas, Another Time
19.   Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
20.   Calendar by David Ewing Duncan
21.   Why I Wake Early: Poems by Mary Oliver
22.   Graveminder by Melissa Marr
23.   When to Rob a Band and 131 more Warped Suggestion and Well-Intended Rants by Steven D Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
24.   The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
25.   Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
26.   Nightfall by Jake Helpern and Peter Kujawinski
27.   The Rain at Midnight by Joseph Hutchinson
28.   The Best American Poetry, 2012 edited by Mark Doty
29.   Beat Voices: An anthology of Beat Poetry edited by David Kheridan
                         

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy Akata Witch. It was a fun story.

    ReplyDelete